Saturday, July 12, 2008

Europe - Take two

I know I just returned a few weeks ago from a great couple weeks in Spain and France, but I recieved an invite on my return to travel to Portugal Spain and France to tour the cork forests and processing plants owned by the French company Oenocorc, whom I have worked with a fair bit. I mostly have used their unique DIAM product, a zero TCA engineered closure. As I am in the airport typing on my iPhone, I will talk about TCA in a further post.

I will be getting on the plane here in Philly to land tommorrow am in Lisbon, then travel across Portugal to the Spanish border at Badajoz. This is near the forests and the initial processing plant. Then we fly to Barcelona, to travel to the finishing factory in the French Pyrenees. I will even be near the Pyrenees stages of the Tour de France, and Chris said we may try to catch a bit of it.

I didn't even fully complete my last travelblog, but I guess these trips will run together.

I forgot to mention! The part of Spain where the corks grow, Extremadura, is famous for its Jamon Iberico! Stay tuned!

No comments: