Friday, February 22, 2008

Dad comes to help out!




Dad offerred to come for a visit and lend a hand with things around here. We obviously took him up on the offer. (I suppose that after all the child labor he squeezed out of Benjamin and I, it is only fair, but it is really nice to have him here. It has been a long time since I have been able to work on any kind of project with my Dad, and it will be really satisfying to look at things around me every day and think that Dad and I did that together!)

I have been keeping him busy, as I had to work yesterday. He did some electrical wiring, started building the stair railing, and we ripped out one toilet yesterday before I went to work. Also, dad has been ripping out the tiles in the downstairs bathroom, so that the flooring guys can prep it for staining the concrete next week.

I met with the concrete guys, one of them stains floors, and the other builds countertops. We are thinking about using concrete for the countertops in the downstairs bathroom, as well as the kitchen - we will see how it all goes, I don't know what the quote is going to look like yet.

No comments: