Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Demolition!




I have been chomping at the bit for a few days now to really get into the thick of ripping stuff apart. In particular, the pink valence in the kitchen needed to go away, as did the plate rail on top of the cupboards. The painter is due in tomorrow AM to start removing wallpaper and patching up holes - I needed to get these things out of his way.

Also, I managed to rip out the old range hood, drop two ceiling fans out, and remove all of the switchplate covers that are in the way of wallpaper removal. All the locks are changed out, and it feels like a pretty good day's work!

(I have a pretty bad head cold, which is kicking my butt. I didn't realize it was so bad when I was working; now that I am done it is awful... Time to go to bed!)

No comments: